Tuesday, November 27, 2012

UPDATE!

I haven't been on here in nearly 8 months. What a slacker! My how things have changed in 8 months. Life is extremely different. We have adjusted to life with THREE kids, and we absolutely love our third addition. Madelyn has been a complete joy these last 8 months. We are SO blessed!

Ryan started the nursing program as well at Muskegon CC. He now has about a year and 1/2 until he is done! (with his associates that is.) There are days that it seems that he has been in school for forever, but then it feels like time has just flown as well. We are extremely excited we are finally to this point. God is good, and He has seen us through this whole journey with out fail. (Why do I ever doubt Him with worry!?)

Evan started preschool in September at Zeeland Christian, and he has been adjusting really well! I think the harder transition has been on me, having all his stuff together, making sure he is up on time in the morning, getting myself ready and out the door, (as well as two other kids!) It's been an adjustment for me I think more than anyone, but I am extremely happy he is doing well and making new friends. His teacher has been amazing, and its been great connecting with other moms as well.

Though Alivia absolutely adores Madelyn, I think her adjustment to Maddy coming into our lives has been more difficult than anyone else. Liv was always a mommy's girl, BIG time. Partly because I gave into her about everything. (my fault) She was used to me "coddling" her as Ryan calls it, and after Maddy showed up,  mommy's time has been limited. I've been trying to find things to do with each kid separately to have that time with them. They love helping with things and sometimes I need to just take a few minutes, understand it might take longer in asking for their help, but include them more on day to day tasks. I need to work on this!!

Though our life is crazy right now, balancing work, school and family time, we have been BLESSED so so much. We are extremely grateful to be on this journey, even if its not always easy. I hope everyone has a GREAT rest of your week. We are headed to Great Wolf Lodge with my family for the weekend thanks to my parents. I'm looking forward to some time with my family who we don't get to see that often. :)

No comments: