Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Psalm 8

I have been reading the Psalm's a lot lately and came across the very familiar Psalm 8. I read it and kind of stuck it in the back of my head for a while until just the other day. I was driving down the road...in an annoyed mood. Frustrated. I guess I felt like everything was in chaos...Evan was babbling...and babbling...getting louder and louder. Just having fun, and of course me being in the mood I was in didnt care to hear it. Until I was reminded of Psalm 8.
1 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.
2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise [b]
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings [c]
and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

7 all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,

8 the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

When I heard Evan babbling...and was annoyed by it...I was reminded of verse 2. "from the lips of children and infants, You have ordained praise." I guess it was God's way of reminding me that to Him...it was nothing but music to His ears. It was kind of a cool picture to me of how children and infants ordain praise to our God. Thought I would share.
Not to mention the awesome colors out there! Ryan thinks I am such a dork because I always am comenting on the beautiful colors in the trees. That is one of the reasons this is my favorite time of year. I even asked Ryan if we could go for a sunday drive to look at the color...but he turned me down, reminding me I am only 22years old. :) Anyways- God's name is majestic, and so is His handiwork. Just two little examples of how I was reminded of it this week. Have a great day!-MDV

No comments: