Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a very nice thanksgiving this year. We werent really sure what we were going to do, but we ended up going to my aunts house for turkey dinner and all the fixin's for noon and again to my other aunts home at night with my other side of the family. It was nice and relaxing! We needed this week. Ryan had off all week and I have been off since Tuesday so it was so nice being able to just chill out.
A little bit of exciting news, we have had a little action on our house which is so nice! We have a showing tomorrow and another one next week. Although this could mean nothing, we still are excited and praying for a sale. It would be nice.
Ryan is getting excited. He starts school the begining of January for all his general requirements before he gets excepted into nursing school. How crazy is this? We totally didnt think we would be at this point in our life right now with him going back to school, but it is amazing what God will do and how He leads you to the places you are. Amazing!
We have so much to be thankful for this thanksgiving I cant even begin to find a place to start. Too many times I find myself ungrateful for what I already have and praying God will give me MORE! It sounds ridiculus when you think about it, but really, we've been blessed with good health and a roof over our heads and food to eat, I think we forget what is important, and become ungrateful for all those things. Today, my heart has just been aching for family, friends and neighbors who have gone through so much heartache and pain this year. It doesnt seem fair or right it the slightest. It puts our problems in perspective and actually realize they arent problems at all. We have our baby boy when some dont, and my heart breaks for them. I pray I can be more grateful for the things I have, and more grateful for Evan too. I take him for granted sometimes and I shouldnt. Just thought I'd share that thought today. Please pray for those who have lost this year. The holidays are going to be hard for them expecially.

No comments: