Friday, July 30, 2010

Grieving with Hope

I have never lost anyone close to me. I know there will be a day when I will. It seems the last couple months til now I have been hearing such sad stories of people who are suffering in many differnt ways. I was going through something, and not neccisarily grieving in a loss of someone, but this sermon hit me. And now, it feels more appropriate than ever on the weekend of such heartache. My best friend was sitting in the church this night. I am so glad she was there, so she could tell me about it. I encourage you to listen. I know it is long, but take the time, and listen all the way through. God whispers in so many differnt ways to differnt people.

My links isnt working so paste it into your browser. The message is called Grieving with Hope. http://www.willowcreek.org/mediaplayer/playerHome.aspx?cid=3&id=14

Scroll down to the bottom when you get to their site and click on May 2010. You will see it there.



When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Refrain:
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

2 comments:

Dave & Wendi said...

Thanks for sharing Meg. The verse from Thessalonians was my "rock verse" as I called it when my dad died. We all grieve "things" and "people" in our life and at times the loss doesn't seem to end, yet our lives do not stop and the lives of those around us during those times continue on. I want to thank you for the occassions when you've said kind words that have lifted me up even though time has marched on and life has changed. Thanks for sharing and I'll be passing this on to my mom and a friend who may want to listen to it when she's ready. I love the song as well, it beings tears to my eyes every time I hear it or sing it.

Megan said...

This week was a hard one for some people that I really care about, not to mention the Busscher family as well. It seemed like an appropriate time for it. Glad you liked it like I did. Bill Hybels is great! And as always, I know time goes on, but the loss of someone that you love so much cant be easy no matter how much time has passed. Any occasion where your dad should have been there wont always be easy. We will still be thinking of you in those times. Love!