Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Almost Done!

I went to GR today for an appointment for Evan with his helmet. It is amazing the difference from start to now. His doctor wanted him to come back in 3 1/2 weeks for another re-scan of his head, but by then he will be finished. :) I am so excited and I am sure he is ready to be rid of that thing. All though he is adorable in it, it will be nice to see his cute little round head.
This week is extremly busy. I just want ONE day where I have nothing, but that isnt going to happen for a while. Tomorrow I have to work ALL day at the dealership which I am not looking forward to at all. I know I have it easy only working a little here and there, but the thought of working from 8-6 just is sickening.
Thursday is my birthday, and Evan's 1/2 birthday! He will be 6 months!!!! I cant believe how time flys. He is finnally sleeping through the night, except last night. He seems to have a runny nose again. I dont know if it is teething or a cold, but he is SO grumpy the last few days, and REFUSES to nap. It makes for long days for mommy. I dont know if anyone else had this problem, but Evan will not take naps in his crib. He just wont. No matter how long I let him cry, he will not take a nap in his crib. It is my fault I know because for so long I would let him fall asleep in his swing, or in my arms...and now he is just stuck where he will not take a nap unless he is laying on MY bed. And it even has to be on my side too. He is kinda a naughty little guy already. He may be only 6 months, but he knows what he is doing. We got into bad habbits and I am paying for them now. At least my next child I will be well aware to stay clear of my bed and always put them in thier crib for naps.
Anyway--I think that is all I have to say today. I hope everyone has a great day and is able to enjoy the weather. I am off to bring my grumpy little guy to Aunt Wendi. Poor Wendi. She has no clue what she is getting today...

2 comments:

The Hill's said...

We had the same problem with Jackson...he didn't want to sleep in his crib either. I think we are lucky but he started doing well when he was about five months old. I'm not sure if this is good advice but I would leave him in there no matter how long he cried...even for naps. Hey, it's tough love but if you know all his needs have been met then he's just being naughty! I never realized how naughty babies could be until I had one. I don't know, it worked for me. It took a lot of patience to hear him cry but now he will not really fall asleep unless he's in a crib of some sorts. (excluding Sunday at church because he naps then...something about grandpa's voice) Anyways...I don't know if that helps but just know you're not a bad mom for letting your kid cry himself to sleep...it's sometimes the only way I think they learn!

The Kapenga's said...

He must have just needed a visit to Aunt Wendi :-). He was so good! He took a nice two hour nap, ate his bottle like a champ and then sat on the floor and played with Jenna. She was talking in all kinds of silly baby voices to him, it was so cute. He loved playing with her Leap Frog music drum because every time he'd hit the top it would play a sound and light up. He was full of smiles when he saw his daddy. He's getting so big!!! Anytime you need a sitter or just a break to run errands by yourself drop him off.