Friday, August 7, 2009

35 weeks

How is it possible that I have 5 weeks left in my pregnancy, and crazier...my sister in law is down to 3!! This is nuts. Where has the time gone, and how did we get to August already!? Months have flown and I am finding myself panicking a little. I have so much to do, and I feel like I am running out of time, something I dont have a lot of these days.

I have been making a little progress I guess in the baby's room which used to be our office. I finally have it organized and cleaned, and the furniture is all in there, it is just waiting on finding out what our little peanut is, boy or girl. In order to make it "feel" like its room, I want it to be gender specific, and in order to do that, I must wait before buying new bedding and decorating. Toys are all washed and in my rubbermaids, (not that we will need them for a while) and most of Evan's baby clothes are washed and ready to go. Now I just have to work on getting the car seat cover washed, bassinet washed, swing washed ect. Everything has been sitting in our basement for a year so it has drywall dust all over it. Anyway, too much to do, not enough time! I'm totally nesting, and half the stuff I want to do, I cant until the baby is born anyway!

I've been stressing about my work schedule as well lately. Oh how I wish things were differnt right now and I could stay home with my babies, but unfortunatly my time is not now, and I have to work. Ryan is doing awesome with Evan and I know that our kids couldnt be in better hands than with their own dad, but I think if it were up to Ryan, he would rather be working supporting us while I could stay home with our kids. I know all in time, and eventually Ryan will be out of school and have a good job again...just all in time...which sometimes I have to let go of, and just try and focus on today. Something I am not good at. :-)

I forgot to post as well Ryan finished his summer course with another A! I'm so proud of him! He worked so hard and was able to get another A under his belt, so he was happy and thankful for that. While working on side jobs and doing school work he has been busy! Right now he is helping my brother and his wife Wendi laying tile in their house they are building. Cant wait till it is done for them! I know what it is like to live with family while being pregnant. (sorry Wendi! I feel ya!)

Anyway--I think that is all for now...nothing else is new, just waiting for our munchin to arrive!

3 comments:

The Kapenga's said...

Enjoy the last 5 weeks, I can't believe I'm down to 3!!! I totally hear ya on the "being prepared" thing. There is so much I want to do but can't until I know if it's a boy or girl and until we are in our house! Living at my mom's has been going well which is a blessing but we will definitely be excited to have home sweet home :-). If we have a boy and you have a girl just know that I purposely took the "girls clothes 0-3 months" tote to my moms...I'm guessing one of us might need it :-)

The Hill Family said...

I can't believe you are only 5 weeks away from your DD! Everything will be great. Remember you don't need much for a newborn besides diapers and milk. That nesting makes you want everything just so and is so exhausting. I hope you are still able to sleep a little bit (especially before baby). I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to know if it will be pink or blue!

Megan said...

Wendi- I have to stop thinking I am having a girl and you are having a boy because for some reason, that is in my head already! Either way I will be completly happy, but I washed all Evan's super cute newborn stuff too, so regardless...one of us will be using one or the other. :-) I am getting so excited!!

Steph, yes...sleep is definatly not coming easily. I am too huge for the bed! :-) We need to see you guys again, it has been too long! Cant wait for camping! Hope you found something to stay in.