Sunday, September 13, 2009

We're home!




After 48 long hours after the arrival of Alivia, we were finally able to come home Thursday night. I really do love staying at the hospital, but by 7 on thursday night, I was definatly ready for my own bed, and good food again! Alivia is doing great! She sleeps way more than I remember Evan sleeping. I feel like I only have brief moments of awake time with her before she is zonked out again. Nights are going so much better than I anticipated. She is up about every 3 hours to eat, eats for about 20 minutes, then is out again. I actually feel like I am getting some sleep! Evan loves Alivia, unfortunatly tho he has a bit of a cold. Because of my niece Ashley who as a newborn got RSV from a cold, almost didnt make it, I am super paranoid about her getting sick. We are constantly washing hands and rubbing on the antibacterial lotion. Ryan caught a little bit of it as well and has barely touched her in 2 days. Not the greatest homecoming having a house full of sick people, but at least so far she is still healthy! We go to her first doctors appointment tomorrow so I am anxious to see how much she has gained. She is a little pigger when she eats. Ryan and I feel so blessed to have our two precious little peanuts!

2 comments:

De Vries Family said...

I'm glad everything is going well. Keep washing your hands :) That's what's they stressed at the Hospital.

Megan said...

Definatly the hands are always being washed!!