Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mind of His Own.

I've come to the conclusion that Mr. Evan knows exactly what to do to push my buttons at the age of 7 months. He knows what it means when I lay him in his crib, give him his blankie, and stick his pipe in his mouth. And yet, he knows that if he screams and screams...mommy will come back and put his pipe back in his mouth, give him his blankie again and say goodnight. However, I have put a stop to that. I let him cry...and cry...and cry. This can go on for an hour...or more depends on what mood he is in. Sometimes I win and he actually does fall asleep, but more often than not he sceams and whines for an hour at least. Yesterday however, I did the same thing I always do, laid him down with his blankie and pipe, and he rolled over and closed his eyes and slept for almost 3 hours!!! I couldnt believe it. Sooo...today nap time rolls around...and I thought, alright, he finally has it. Laid him down, and nope. Wouldnt sleep. Youre probably thinking just let him cry it out, but people I do! But how long do you let him cry for? I dont know where he gets his stubborness from but I dont think I was that way when I was a baby. Uhhhh. I guess I will keep trying. Suggestions anyone?

1 comment:

The Hill's said...

I'm the BIGGEST stickler around when it comes to nap/bedtime but it worked for me. I let Jackson cry for hours (bad, maybe). But the kid sleeps 12 hours at night (straight) and takes a 2 hour nap everyday with no fuss. Another suggestion...do you have any toys or mobile he can play with to get himself to sleep. We have the fisher price aquarium and a birdie mobile and I turn both on give Jackson his binkie, blanket, and he knows what to do. Somedays he plays for an hour somedays he falls asleep right away. I am sure you are doing a wonderful job. Babies are just constantly testing us! Good luck!