Tuesday, March 10, 2009

14 months

I cant believe where this last year has gone. Evan is already 14 months today. He is walking, talking and learning so much more everyday! The last 14 months of having him has been such a blessing and joy. We love our little man to pieces. His walking has actually turned into running, and it is now to the point that if he crawls somewhere, it somehow looks strange. He almost never crawls, instead if he knows where he wants to go he is running there. He is so funny. His vocabulary is crazy. Sometimes I wonder how he knew how to say something. Of course he still has his baby talk jabbering, but some of the words he can say, it sounds so funny in his small little voice.

I have learned a very silly way of calming him down if he is upset. It is kinda funny and I probably look ridiculous, but by belting out every children's bible song I know, he instantly starts laughing and singing along. I think he can say "Jesus" but his idea of singing is saying "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.." over and over. Thats ok tho! If he were to sing, I am glad he is singing that! So people, if you ever pass me in the car and see me belting out in song...know my 14 month child is in the backseat and I am trying to entertain him. :)

I love all of his little quirks, because that is what makes him, him. Even tho there are days were he can drive me crazy with his disobediance, I love him more than anything and all the little quirkiness too. God has given us the greatest gift in the whole world of being parents, and exspecially intrusting us with His little man Evan.

2 comments:

The Kapenga's said...

Just think of how big Evan will look when the baby arrives!

Megan said...

I know, it kinda makes me sad!