Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pray

I recently learned of a couple who lives in our subdivison who is in much need of prayer. Although I have never met the Wiersma's, only passed them and waved a few times, my heart aches for them and asks God for development on thier extreme premie twin boys and strength for Mark and Kate to get through the long journey they have ahead of them. Even though I dont know them, I know they love God and need prayer. Please pray for them and thier twin boys Max and Wesley. Thier blog where Mark frequently posts updates is www.mkwiersma.blogspot.com

It amazes me still everyday how God speaks to us, and uses strangers, to get His message across and remind me...God is ever present, all knowing, all loving. Even in the worst times and in the best times. That even when we face the unknown of life, God is still there. He is the same. Yesterday, today and forever. Sometimes it is hard to grasp the truth of that. That even when life throws you curve balls, God is still there, still God. Again, I am going to bring up the Wiersma family. The story of the delivery of thier twins astounded me, amazed me, and made me remember to quiet myself, and remmber He is God, the creator and lover of my soul. I encourage you to read thier last post. It will give you an idea of what I am talking about. Mark was talking about his wife after delivery, having no recollection of what was going on, but peacfully singing. "Be still and know that I am God." I was reminded of the Steven Curtis Chapman version.
Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is holy
Be still oh restless soul of mine
Bow before the prince of Peace
Let the noise and clamor cease

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is faithful
Consider all that He has done
Stand in awe and be amazed
And know that He will never change
Be still

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is God
Be still
Be speechless

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know He is our Father
Come rest your head upon His breast
Listen to the rhythm of
His unfailing heart of love
Beating for His little ones
Calling each of us to come
Be still
Be still

Life is so uncertain right now for a lot of people. What is going to happen with jobs, housing, education...even life of newborn babies. Once again my momentary life issues have been put into perspective, and I have been reminded once again to Be Still and remmber who is in control, and regardless of any outcome, whether good or bad, He loves us.

As "the Body" we are called to pray for our fellow believers. The Wiersma's need prayer, and I ask today at some point you lift them up in prayer.

No comments: