Friday, June 5, 2009

I thought I would share this. If you can, check this video out. You will have to copy and paste it into your browser because I cant figure out the link thingy. Anyways...my grandparents own a cabin on Drummond Island that we grew up vacationing at. My uncle Scott, cousin Matt and Grandpa went up over memorial day and discovered it was broken into. However, it wasnt broken into by a human, it was broken into by a black bear! The bear broke threw a small window into the "bunk room" and made its way to the kitchen. The video will show you what it did, and really I guess it doesnt do it justice at what a disaster it was. The bear actually climbed ontop of the stove and made the stove cave in as well. I guess there was blood and black hair everywhere too. (My mom is going crazy just thinking about the aweful mess! If you know Sandy, you can only imagine what this did to her head!) Anyway...My cousin, uncle and grandpa cleaned the mess up, bored the window and came home, and asked a neighbor just to check up on it to make sure the bear didnt come back. A few days later, they got a phone call from Drummond Island saying the bear broke in again! This time through a differnt bedroom window. My parents leave tomorrow to go discover this new mess it made, but will definatly be taking proper measures to make sure it doesnt happen again. Can you imagine how my poor mom is doing thinking about the mess that awaits her tomorrow! Anyway..check the video out. My cousin Matt made it and it is kinda comical if you can laugh at it...second time around though, not so funny...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8wYa_vWQ1s

4 comments:

The Kapenga's said...

It is crazy that the bear came back! Your dad told Dave @ work this afternoon that they were heading up ther to take a look. We were at the new house around 4:00 and G & G Wolters stopped by and grandma couldn't help but chuckle at how upset your mom was about it all, she thought something really serious had happened as she listened to grandpa talk to her on the phone. Hopefully she doesn't hurt herself trying to get it all cleaned up in two days! That's one gutsy bear to come back twice!!!

The Hill's said...

Remind me to NEVER go there and NEVER let my parents go there again! Wow!

Bill.Rachel.Ethan.Levi said...

OMG that is a huge mess! wow, bummer for your mom, she is ganna have fun cleaning...

Megan said...

Lol...for people who know my mom, they will know that the thought of the mess just sitting there for days is enough to brake her lol. Yes wendi, one gusty bear, and Steph, it wouldnt be that bad, we could take guns!