Thursday, June 18, 2009

Life

There has been so much going on lately. Thought I would fill those in who may be wondering about Ryan's job situation.

Some people may have seen on the news that Ryan's company is branching out and decided to start manufacturing windmills for wind energy. We have known for a while Tiara was in the process of doing so but hadnt heard one way or another the status of this new company they were creating. Ryan did get a letter in the mail today, and did actually talk to HR yesterday about his job, and what all this means for him. Praise God, Ryan had made it through all of the layoffs and only is layed off temporarily. After talking to HR, he was told that if he had been layed off with the hundreds of others when they made their cuts, he would have to reapply and fight for a job along with everyone else. However, because he is still "employed" by Tiara, he will eventually get called back, possibly this fall. When he does get called back, he may get hired back as a Tiara employee or, they may ask him to resign from Tiara, and get hired as a new employee of their new company. It all depends on where they are placeing people. Praise God for this. He has been so faithful to us through all of this. Obviously when Ryan is back working full time, we will have to make a decision on my job and see what can be worked out as far as my hours. I've both been excited about Ryan going back to work, but also anxious and worried about what we will do about my current job situation. Just a tough dicison.

And in this whole mix, we have a house for sale and a baby on the way, only due in 12 weeks! This summer is going to fly by and that only just adds to my stress. I feel so unprepared this time, with the job situation and the house for sale. Ryan and I have been contemplating taking it off the market and the closer we get to having this baby, the more and more we are thinking we should stay. With Ryan getting a job back sometime soon, the decison is getting easier and easier. Our realtor is pregnant and due the begining of July, so I think we will decide by then. Please pray that this decison comes quickly and that we make the right one. I have been stressing about what to do, what not to do, and am feeling quite overwhelmed latetly. (maybe just hormonal! sp?) Anyways...

So thats the scoop with the DeVries's lately. Nothing too exciting, me just whining and venting a bit..

Evan also is doing extremly well with his bed. He very rarely gets up and comes out. I have only had to walk him back to his bed a few times, and I think the longest it took to get him sleeping was the other night and it was a half hour. I;m so proud of him! He is doing so well!

The nursery is all set up in the office now and ready to go...just waiting on baby now. 12 more weeks. I cant believe how fast this is going!! I'm getting excited but nervous with how I am going to handle a newborn and 20 month year old. It will be intresting but also cant wait. I love my little guy so much I cant imagine how much joy another little bugger will bring. Cant wait. Hope you all have a great rest of the week!

No comments: