Friday, July 31, 2009

Dr Appointments

We had a busy morning today. Ryan, Evan and I drove up to Grand Rapids for his ultrasound at Devos, and checkup with his urologist. It is hard to believe it was 9 months ago since his last visit! We couldnt have had better news from his doctor. When Evan was born, his kidney was dialated to a grade 4, (which is the highest grade it could have been) When I say dialated, that just means that there was urine backing up in his kidney due to a blockage and that is how severe it was. The last time we went 9 months ago, they did see some improvement, to a high 3, but not anything huge. His doctor has been pretty optimistic with Evan all along thinking that over time, this dialation will gradually go down, and praise God, his kidney is now at a grade 2! Yay! His doctor also said that he has only had one patient out of 250 kids that he did a study on, that went from a 3 to a 2, go back up to a 4 and had to have surgry. So Evan's chances of it suddenly getting worse again, are about 1 in 250. That most likely means he will not have to have surgry and his kidney will be fine. His doctor said it is functioning just fine so no worries there. Dr. Steinhart used a good example too, he said Evan's kidney is like a balloon, and because it was stretched and dialated to a 4, just like when you let air out of a balloon, the balloon gets a little floppy and doesnt keep the same shape, so Evan's kidney will always be a little deformed, or "floppy" just because it has gone down in the dialation. (sorry if I lost ya with that example!) Anyways--long story short, Evan has improved and we go back in 18 months for another ultrasound and checkup. Praise God for good results today!

I also had my 34 week check up today which went great. Everything was great, blood pressure, weight gain, baby's heart beat, ect...I go back in 2 weeks again and then the fun part begins where they see if I am dialated at all. Fun fun! Anyway, everything looks great, things couldnt be better. God is so awesome and so faithful!

It is so hard to believe July is over, and we are on to August. 4 more weeks until my new neice or nephew will be here, and 6 until our little munchin will be here. I am getting so excited, and am finally starting to "nest." I want my house cleaned top to bottom, I am already starting to think about making meals ahead of time to put away in the freezer...I just cant wait. It will be intresting for sure, but so amazing all the same. I have to admit my fears and worries about giving equal attention to both my kids, and the fear of loving two children the same. How is it possible to love anyone like I love my Evan, but I know it is, and I know it will be natural, it is just hard to wrap my head around. It scares me, and worries me a little but I still am amazed at how awesome it will be too. I cant wait to make our family of 3, a family of 4! Thank you God for my amazing family!

No comments: