Wednesday, May 6, 2009

1st Visit To The Dentist!

I know that it seems really early to be taking Evan to the dentist, considering he doesnt have much teeth. (I think 8?) But my cousins wife Rachel works at a pediatric dentist office, and I had asked her about one of Evan's teeth a while back. It looked like he had a little bit of tarter build up due to all the lovely saliva he produces, so she told me to take him in. I guess they see kids even younger sometimes. I was so so proud of him! He layed on my lap while the dentist scraped at his teeth (of course he cried but he was perfectly still while she worked) and then she even polished them because he was letting her. It was over in about 5 minutes at the most and he did awesome. We always fight Evan when it comes to brushing his teeth. We manage, but usually he resists us pretty bad. I bought an electric toothbrush (for kids) at the office that the dentist recommended. It is a life saver. Evan loves it and even wants to brush his teeth now. Makes things a lot easier on mom and dad for sure. So if you fight with your kid while brushing their teeth, get an electric toothbrush. They will love it!

No comments: