Monday, May 11, 2009

This past week was crazy busy. So much went on with Tulip Time and then dealing with a sick child, not to mention a wonderful kidney stone for me! Thankfully, after a long night of no pain meds, I went in to the ER Thursday morning for some relief. They were able to give me an iv. I am not even sure what it was, but it was just strong enough to relax me and take the edge off. (If anyone has ever had a kidney stone, they will know, it is about 10x's worse than labor!-no exageration!) Anyway-I was at the hospital for only from 6-11 in the morning, after monitoring me and the baby to make sure I wasnt having any contractions I was sent home with some pain meds. Praise God I got home and only a little bit later got rid of my stone and the pain was gone. Friday I went to work and ended up going home due to the flu, when I got home Evan wasnt doing well at all with his breathing because of a cold that kept getting worse so we made a last minute doctors appointment and got him in. He had a double ear infection and some sort of virus he is on steroids for. You could say we were sick of hospital visits and doctor appointments last week! But thank goodness Evan is doing a lot better. Still coughing quite a bit, but I dont think his ears are bothering him as much and his breathing has been getting a lot better as well. Not much else is new. We had a great mothers day with both sides of our family. Sunday noon with Ryan's parents and at night with my family. Hope everyone had a great weekend and Mothers day and have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

The Hill's said...

Please don't let my husband see the fact that kidney stones are worse then labor! He has had 3 and he always jokes with me that he had 3 kids and I only had 2....What a week you guys had! We had a similar one and now both kids have this nasty flemmy (sp) cough!

Megan said...

yup..evan is battling the cough too. Yuck! Sorry Steph, I gotta tell ya...kidney stones are way worse! I did have an easy labor tho, so maybe yours was worse. Its hard to tell because everyone is differnt! This was my fourth and yup, by far the worst, and by far worse than labor. Poor Matt tho, I have heard they are worse for guys then girls.