Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Doctor Appointments

Today both Evan and I had doctor appointments. Mine was the routine sugar test where I have to drink a nasty sugar drink that tastes like flat orange pop, and they prick your finger to test for diabetes. Thankfully my sugar was good so we didnt have to worry about that. I have gained a total of 12 pounds so far. Uhh! I only gained 21 with Evan so to have gained that much in 24 1/2 weeks feels like a lot. Oh well...

Evan actually had a re-check appointment. I never mentioned it before, but at his 15month appointment his doctor noticed a slight heart murmor. She wanted us to come back in a month to see if it was still there, and if it was she was going to have us go to a cardiologist. Ryan took him this morning and she did hear a slight murmor again, so we are waiting to have an appointment made for us with the cardiologist either in Grand Rapids or in Holland if they can fit us in here. She said if it was something very serious they would have heard it when he was a lot younger, but just to double check and make sure everything is ok they still want us to go see the cardiologist. I am praying our next child has a lot less medical problems than mr. Evan. Between his helmet, kidney issues and breathing problems...and now this, It is always something with him. Keeps life intresting tho. We will take him tho, regardless of health issues or not. Love that little boy to pieces.

Not much else to say...baby's heart beat was 152 today, loud and strong. I still cant believe we have #2 on the way! Time is flying!

3 comments:

The Kapenga's said...

Glad your appointment went well, hard to believe how fast it's going! I don't think you should be frustrated with 12 lbs!!! Especially since the one month you had a lump of that. Most women would love to only gain 21 lbs their entire pregnancy!!! I've gained as much as you have and I puked my brains out for 17 weeks!!! 25 -35 in normal so I think you're doing great and look great :-)

Megan said...

lol. Thanks. That is hard to believe you have gained as much as me, but if you did you dont look it!

TracyVDM said...

I hope everything goes well with Evan! Sounds like he and I are in the same boat!