Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


I had such an awesome Mother's Day. It was my first one and it was really special. Evan was baptized this morning which was wonderful on its own, and then we had our families over afterward to celebrate. We are so happy that God gave us Evan to raise and teach him about Christ. What a HUGE responsibility and its so cool that God believes in us so much He gave us Evan to grow up knowing Him. It was really cool to be able to "give" (not that he wasnt God's to begin with) him to God and say we know he was yours God before he was even born...you know the drift. It was just a cool picture. -Not only did we have baptisim today, but...I am SOO excited to say Dave and Wendi are FINALLY ENGAGED!! YAY!! Man, Dave had to put up with a lot from his sisters and mom...and even wendi I think a little too ;) Asking and asking when this was going to happen, and it is so cool that he did it on Mother's Day for her too. I am sure you can read all about it on Wendi's Blog. I am sure she'll have something up soon. But her ring is BEAUTIFUL!! Yay! Another wedding to help plan...(if you need me wendi!) Anyways-and my brother John comes home on Thursday this week. We are so excited to see him too. He has been in Hondorus (SP?) for the last 4 months going to school so we all cant wait to see him. He is going to flip I think when he see's Christi again and see how much thier baby has grown. Not that she is huge or anything, but she does have a cute little belly. Anywho--this has been a great day, and hopefully for all you mothers...hopefully it was a good mother's day for you too. Happy Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

The Kapenga's said...

You are so cute! I'm sure I'll have PLENTY for you to do!!!