Sunday, April 5, 2009

Finally my little boy is starting to perk up! I was praying all weekend for him to feel better, and not just that but actually be able to keep food down. I have never been puked on so many times in my life, given so many baths in a day and done this all happily as long as he was comfortable. He has been on his antibiotics since Thursday and today was the first day since Tuesday that he has eaten something and kept it down all day. I never knew pneumonia would make such an upset stomach, but thankfully today he is doing so much better and his coughing isnt as much.

I think Ryan and I are getting closer to figuring out our names for the baby. We have always been set on our boy name, but the girls are always so hard. They were hard for us when I was pregnant with Evan too. Why is it that I love a name and he hates it, or he likes a name and I hate it? It is so hard finding a name we BOTH like. And that is just it, I dont think we will find a girls name we both are in love with. Dont you think after carrying this baby for 9 months, going through all the hard labor and delivery, and then getting up with it in the middle of the night should qualify me to override his choices? I know he is the father and all...but doesnt my hard work and 9 months of carrying this child count for anything?? :) Yes, I am being dramatic. This has just been a huge issue today and we cant seem to agree. Although...I finally came up with a name he is SOMEWHAT ok with. And when I say somewhat...very very little okayness. Anyways...if anyone has any suggestions...I am all ears. (Or any suggestions on how to convice your hubby you are right...that helps too. :)


PS-I love my hubby and I am kidding for the most part on this post. :-)

6 comments:

The Hill's said...

Our kids' names were LITERALLY the only names we ever agreed on. EVER! If Addyson was a boy she would have been Brady Robert. I love the name Brady. For a girl Addyson was IT with both pregnancies. I like Rhiannon or Ellery for a girl. You deserve more say in the name but if Ryan is anything like Matt that doesn't happen and everything I said he woud say no and vice versa. Good luck. I can't believe you are almost half way there! Holy smokes!

The Myrick Family said...

My suggestion is just start using the names you like casually when refering to baby. I think it helps for them to hear in in context.
I agree on the name Ellery too (we would have spelled it Ellary so we could call her Ella). That was on our list...although there weren't very many names that WEREN'T on our lists. :)
Good luck!

Megan said...

I know! It is going too fast. I dont want to think about it because that means summer will be over but unfortunatly it is going to fly. Those names are both adorable but yes...Ryan does put a hault on almost all the names I say. I think with just a little more convincing I can persuade him to my #2 choice. So we will see!

Megan said...

PS to Lisa...I have started to do that and sometimes it works were I dont even get a rise out of him! Thanks for the advice!

Runners said...

Phil and I always had the same problem with naming our kids. He liked the more traditional names and I liked the more modern names. I've always liked Olivia and Sydney. You have a couple of months to think about it yet, we didn't decide on Brianna until the month before she was born. :)

The Kapenga's said...

Good luck Megan, I know Ryan likes to stick to his guns on this kind of thing. I think he's doing this just to bug you more than anything :-). I like (and am sworn to secrecy) on both YOUR names...you can tell Ryan he'd outnumbered :-). It will probably be a girl since that's the name you can't agree on! I think we're set on names but who knows what can change in the next 20 weeks - yikes that it's half over!!!