Monday, April 20, 2009

We had a great weekend. As always, I think the best weekends are when you arent super busy and just get to chill out. Friday night was awesome because we sat home all night. We picked up a few movies...one was Yes Man with Jim Carrey. It was differnt but still funny I guess. I cant remember the other ones name, probably because I didnt watch it. It was one of those guy movies I make Ryan watch by himself.

Saturday like always I had to work from 9-3. That was a bummer considering how BEAUTIFUL it was outside. It looked awesome from the window inside my office at least. At night we celebrated my grandpa and grandma kapenga's 60th wedding anniversary at Beechwood Inn. 60 years in such a long time! It is crazy to think of everything and everyone that has come from just two people. I guess they counted, and with all my aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids...(including the new coming babies) there would be 70 of us at a gathering! All from 2 amazing people. Crazy! I gotta give them props for 60 years!

Sunday we went to church...Evan tried nursery and decided he didnt like it, so unfortunatly I hung out with him in the parent room...again. I know people are thinking, let him cry it out...he will get over it, but trust me, he wouldnt get over it. He has attatchment issues and I know he would cry the whole time. So Ryan was able to enjoy the service, while I chased Evan around. We went home for dinner and had yummy stomboli. Get this, apparently I was making it wrong all these years. Apparently you arent supposed to put the sauce in the stromboli, you are supposed to dip it in the sauce after it is done cooking...hmm, never knew that until I made it for some friends one night and was informed that I make it wrong. So Sunday I made it right, and I gotta be honest..it was much better. So enough about the stromboli, (I can be long winded sometimes.)Sunday night we had small group so we shipped our little man off to Grandma and Grandpa DeVries's house for the night, (over night, yay!) so we could meet with our small group. Once again, another fun night with them, and actually productive for once!! Looking forward to the next meeting.

So there you have it, not too exciting, and not that intresting, but it was a goodweekend nontheless. Have a great week and sorry for boring you with my blabbing!

2 comments:

De Vries Family said...

I've been making it wrong too all these years! The first time I had the sause seperate was when I starting dating Corey. When we got married I made it the "wrong" way and was told not to make it that way again.

Megan said...

haha! See, I am not the only one!