Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ohh what a week

This week has been one of the most crazy stressful weeks in a while. You know when you just have a "day" where things just dont go right? I think I had a whole week of that. I wont bore you with all the details, day by day of what has happened...because really it is a bunch of little things. I guess you could say it was just a bad week in general.

One thing that has been on my mind a lot lately, I got asked this week to take a full time position here at the dealership. A girl I work with is going on maternity leave for 12 weeks at the end of May, and unfortunatly the other full time girl I work with decided to take a leave for 12 weeks. That just leaves me left in our office for the whole summer, when I only work 20 hours a week. My boss needed someone to work at least until my friend gets back from maternity leave. This is very stressful for me, and it going to be very hard I think. For one, I only have 3 weeks to learn EVERYTHING there is to learn...and when you are talking car deals, there is SO MUCH paperwork on everything. Two, I hate leaving Evan that much. I miss him so much on my long days on Thursdays, I cant imagine leaving him every day. I know right now, with Ryan not working, I have to take this position. It is going to be hard, but I know that it is temporary. I wont be working forever, and once Ryan is done with school and has a job, things will be so much better, it is just getting there! So for now, at least until my coworker gets back end of August I will be working full time...(until the baby comes really) It shows the faithfulness of God too, just when Ryan's insurance is running out at the end of this month, I am getting full time, so that is taken care of. Sometimes I have to remind myself that when we pray and ask God to help us, God's plan isnt always the easiest, but always in the long run, the best. I start on Monday. I know I may be sounding like a baby, because I know some mothers have to work full time and have no other choice, but this was never in my agenda, nor did I ever think for a second I would have to do this, but I do covet prayers. It is going to be hard being away from Evan so much and I know probably hard on him to. We are looking for a part time temporary position for until end of august and it most likely will be about 20 hours a week, working two nights and saturdays. If anyone knows ANYONE...a college student, anyone, looking for a position like that, PLEASE let me know. We are hoping to hire asap. LIke I said, it would be temporary for the summer.

I am very much looking forward to this weekend! Tomorrow is my last day off and then Monday I start my 40 hrs a week. Tomorrow we are having a bunch of friends over for burgers so it will be nice to just hang out and enjoy my weekend. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

We'll be praying for you as you transition to full time. I can't imagine how difficult its going to be but I know Evan will be in great hands! It is neat to see the Lord answer your prayers; just hard to understand when they are answered in an unexpected way. Just keep taking it one day at a time!

The Myrick Family said...

I'll be praying for you. I know it's hard to leave a little one. Hopefully the time will fly by! Good Luck.