Saturday, January 3, 2009

Doubt

There are so many times I doubt God. I doubt He is there, caring for me, listening to me, I doubt He is in control, sometimes if I'm honest, if He really knows what He is doing at all. This week, God proved to me, and our family that He IS in control. He DOES know what He is doing. I was talking to my sister-in-law about this the other day when I went and visited Ashley in the hospital. She said it was amazing how God had put people where they needed to be to help save Ashley's life. God was there in that hospital when they were scared for Ashley's life. He still is there in that hospital watching over her...placing the right people to take care of her. He IS AWESOME.
I'm always worried about something. I worry all the time about things. I'm reminded again of how insignificant my worries of this world are. Again...worldly problems. God shows me daily how insignificant my problems are. Sometimes I pick up on it, and sometimes I dont. Praise God that He is in control, and we are not. What a mess life would be if He wasnt. I was reading Isaiah 40. Very farmilar to a lot of people, but I was reminded again the power our God has.
Isaiah 40: 28, 29
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

I also came across a verse in chapter 41, and I was reminded of Ashley. How God was taking her by her tiny little hand and carrying her through this.
Isaiah 41: 13
For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

I wish it didnt take circumstances like Ashley's to be reminded not to doubt Him. I wish I was strong enough to trust in every circumstance in my life. Praise God that HE is God, and He takes hold of our hand...

No comments: