Wednesday, February 11, 2009

ER Visit #2

The last couple days I have noticed Evan hasnt been feeling his normal self. Yesterday he was feverish all day, had no appetite, (Which if you know our little man, is SO not him) and just wanted to cuddle all day. Just thought it was a little bug and it will pass in a few days. His fever was around 101-102, and they say not to take them in until it is like 104, (to me is kinda crazy) anyway...we gave him his tylenol, and that helped a little bit, but last night around 11, he woke up just screaming. I wasnt sure what was going on. Screaming to the point where you couldnt get him to calm down no matter what you did. I had two thoughts. Ears, or his kidney. His urologist was always concerned that if he had fevers and flu like symtoms to get him checked out soon because if it was an infection in his kidney, he could loose function of it if it isnt treated immediatly. I unfortunatly was in no state to take him in thanks to my night time sickness. Ryan took him to Zeeland to get him checked out. They did take a urine sample from him by putting a catheder in. (Poor baby!!) but praise God it came back clean. They figured it is his ears seeing how they did see an infection in them. I cant imagine ear infections for little ones. I remember having one last year and it was so painful I cried. I cant imagine my little guy going through that. Thank goodness he is on another dose of amoxy and hopefully it will clear up soon. Another eventful night at the DeVries household.

No comments: