Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

I had probably the best Valentine's Day I have ever had. Although it didnt start the greatest because I worked all day...it turned out the be awesome thanks to my hubby. Originally I had planned our friends Will and Denise to come over like the so often do. I talked to Denise this week and she asked if we wanted to get together on Valentine's Day or if we do something special. I told her Ryan didnt even get me a card last year, so I doubt he would care anyway. So when I got home from work I was expecting to for one see Evan and 2 get ready for them to come over. Nope. Not even close. Ryan had aranged for Grandma DeVries to take him over night, which is very rare. Evan has only slept at Grandma's once. I got home and Ryan was all dressed up, there were roses on the counter and he said, "Hurry up we have a date night tonight." Ok...to me...this is like the biggest treat ever!!! I havent had a date with Ryan since probably July for my birthday. He took me to our favorite restraunt Olive Garden in Muskegon...and we hit a movie after dinner in Grand Haven. We saw "Taken," which I highley recommend. One of the better movies I have seen in a while. It was so nice to sleep in this morning and not have to get up at 6 when Evan gets up usually. (Sorry Grandma!) It was wonderful!!! Such an awesome Valentine's day. Ryan really knew how to make me feel special!!

1 comment:

The Hill's said...

What a nice treat for you two! Isn't it amazing how the small things in life like "sleeping in" are such a joy once you are a mom? Although I woudn't trade the lack of sleep for anything in the world!