Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend

We didnt do a whole lot this weekend which was kinda nice actually. I hate the feeling of going going going, it seems like every weekend we have something every night.

Friday night we just a few friends over, played some cards and ordered pizza. Nothing too exciting but had a good time. The kids were able to play again together which is always nice. They are getting to the age where they can play by themselves and entertain eachother. Always a plus. Saturday I worked all day of course. Ryan had another daddy day with Evan. They just played all day with occasional nap and study breaks. Ryan and I stayed home at night and watched tv all night. I was so excited to see that What Women Want was on so we ended up watching that and going to bed at 9:30. We are so boring. Its crazy, I am so young yet and sometimes I feel like an old married mom. No complaints I guess. Sunday, Today was very nice. We had Ashley our niece's baptism at Noordelos where Corey and Heather go. It was such a nice service and Ashley did so well. What a gift she is and we are so happy to have her in our family. I couldnt help but tear up a few times while they were standing up there knowing that almost a few weeks ago we could have lost her, but Praise God for His faithfulness. Ashley is here and we got to witness her baptism today.

Not much else going on...Ryan is back to work this week. He is on for the next 3 and then off for the next 5. Crazy times. I was reminded today at Corey and Heather's church of the temptation to worry and fret about our life and Ryan's job which is so uncertain. The sermon was on temptation and I couldnt help but feel like God was whispering to me through that message. To trust God and focus on Him during these times. Not only that, but Corey and Heather chose a wonderful verse for today's baptism that saw them through the last couple months dealing with Ashley's health that also spoke to me. Phillippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Thanks Corey and Heather for making us a part of you and Ashley's special day!

No comments: